In 2012, Japanese high-end jeweller TASAKI, launched M/G TASAKI, the jewellery collection that brings together Melanie Georgacopoulos’ flair to cross design boundaries with TASAKI’s world renowned quality craftsmanship stamp. The sophisticated line is manufactured in Japan by TASAKI using the highest quality materials and finest processing technologies.
Statement making but beautifully wearable, M/G TASAKI features innovative designs and a fresh approach to the traditional image of pearl jewellery.
Melanie Georgacopoulos 「M/G TASAKI」 Head Designer
Born and raised in Athens to a Greek father and a French mother, London-based designer Melanie Georgacopoulos’ passion for jewellery flows from her early experiences, in addition to her international background.
She gained solid silver and goldsmithing foundations at the Mokume Institute in Athens. In her subsequent studies at the Edinburgh College of Art (Sculpture), she graduated at the top of her class in 2004. Later at the Royal College of Art, she was awarded a Master’s degree for her work with jewellery in 2007. Her combined passions for multi dimensional form, metal and the pearl found a unique voice, engaging directly with sculpture, architecture and fashion. In 2010, she set up her eponymous label and since then she has been exploring the endless aesthetic possibilities that the pearl can provide as jewellery. Her work constantly defies convention, bringing the pearl to the domains of art and high fashion, whilst retaining its quality as a wearable accessory.
“Pearls are inherently full of contradictions, youthful purity and age old wisdom, subtlety and perseverance, life and death. In my work I try to express these contradictions, the slash in the name M/G fully illustrates this quest to look not only literally inside pearls but also metaphorically, to liberate them. I set out to give pearls new life as a versatile material with a powerful aesthetic that breaks away from traditions and becomes part of contemporary culture.”
The lineup depends on each stores. Please contact each stores.
- * Gold is 18K, platinum is Pt900, Pt850 is used for some parts such as chains.
- * SAKURAGOLD™ is an original type of gold made by TASAKI. Some products use pink gold, yellow gold, etc. for some parts such as chains.
- – Product specifications are subject to change without notice.
- – Actual size and colour may vary depending on the photography technique.
- – Prices are subject to change without notice.
- – Some products are only available at limited stores.
* For details, please contact store staff or TASAKI customer service.