TASAKI & Co., Ltd. and its group companies (hereinafter, “TASAKI”) retain information about their customers (hereinafter, “personal information”) so that they can consistently provide quality products and services. TASAKI takes great care in handling personal information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) and other applicable laws and regulations and is committed to measures to protect the privacy of its customers.
1. Protection of Personal Information
TASAKI shall take care to protect the privacy of its customers when handling personal information, through adherence to statutes and other standards, and shall take all necessary and appropriate safety measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, falsification, leaks, and other risks associated with personal information. Moreover, TASAKI shall take steps to educate its officers and employees and action to continuously improve their awareness of personal information protection.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
The personal information acquired and handled by TASAKI is as follows:
- (1) Information that has arisen from the purchase of a product, the use of a credit card, and similar actions
- (2) Information written on slips associated with sales operations, such as slips for reserving a product, delivery, repair and fabrication, orders, and after-sales service; including information acquired by TASAKI on an addressee to whom a product is sent as a gift (hereinafter, “addressee information”)
- (3) Information provided to TASAKI by means of a customer card, a questionnaire, and other formats
- (4) Other information collected lawfully through fair means
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The purpose of the use of personal information by TASAKI is as follows (provided, however, that the use of addressee information is limited to that specified in (1), unless the customer has otherwise consented):
- (1) All activities that are considered necessary or appropriate for the sale of products and the provision of services associated thereto, such as sales processing, reserving a product, delivery, repair and fabrication, sales confirmation, orders, after-sales service, and communication with the customer in connection with the foregoing
- (2) Distribution of information on products, services, events, and other activities (including the transmission of such information via e-mail)
- (3) Marketing activities for product development, service improvement, store designing, and other activities
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
TASAKI shall not provide personal information about its customers to third parties, except in the cases specified below:
- (1) The customer consented to such provision.
- (2) Provision is required by law.
- (3) Provision is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual person.
- (4) Provision is necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children.
- (5) Provision is necessary to cooperate with a government or other authorities.
5. Joint Use of Personal Information
Personal information of customers who purchased TASAKI’s products at its shops in department stores and other facilities may be used with such department stores and other facilities.
- (1) Scope of joint users
- * A customer has purchased a product at a shop located in a department store: that department store
- * A customer has purchased a product at a shop located in a commercial facility: that facility
- (2) Purpose of use by department stores and other facilities
- * All activities that are considered necessary or appropriate for the sale of products and the provision of services associated thereto, such as sales processing, reserving a product, delivery, repair and fabrication, sales confirmation, orders, after-sales service, and communication with the customer in connection with the foregoing
- * Distribution of information by the department stores and other facilities on their products, services, events, and other activities (including the transmission of such information via e-mail)
- * Marketing activities of the department stores and other facilities for product development, service improvement, store designing, and other activities
- (3) Items of personal information disclosed
- * The purchaser’s name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, and other information
- (4) Officer in charge of supervision over the joint use
- * Privacy officer of TASAKI
TASAKI may entrust a third party with the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope of the purpose of use. TASAKI shall also exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the third-party service provider to ensure proper control of the entrusted personal information.
7. Customers Who Are Minors
When TASAKI acquires personal information of a customer who is a minor, it may obtain the consent of the customer’s guardian.
8. Disclosure, Correction, Discontinuance of Use, or Deletion of Personal Information
When a customer wishes to request TASAKI to disclose personal information about that customer, correct, add, delete, discontinue using or erase data, or discontinue the provision of personal information to third parties, the customer may contact TASAKI’s customer service department and submit the request in writing using the prescribed format. TASAKI will promptly respond to such requests within the scope considered reasonable and necessary. In processing such requests, the customer should be aware that TASAKI will require the customer to present identification documents.
9. Point of Contact
Customer service department of TASAKI (Tel: 0120-111-446), weekdays from 9:00 to 17:00